Brainspotting and EMDR

Brainspotting and EMDR are powerful modalities that work by identifying, processing and releasing trauma, physical and emotional pain and a number of other challenging symptoms.

As with any therapy, the therapeutic relationship is the number one priority, being up to 70% of the effectiveness of therapy. When it comes to the other 30%, I have found that bottom up approaches (Brainspotting, Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, etc.) provide deeper, lasting results because they reach beyond the conscious mind and past cognitive and language capacity.

Working with the deep brain and body, using the eyes and/or bilateral stimulation for more direct access to the autonomic and limbic systems within the body’s central nervous system, Brainspotting and EMDR are physiological treatments which have profound psychological, emotional, and physical benefits.

As a once EMDR client and current Brainspotting client (yes, I have my own therapist) and a four year EMDR and two year Brainspotting clinician, I think they are totally awesome! Check out a little more about my experience as a client!